I'm now a little more than halfway through the school year. I guess it's about time I posted some stuff! This year is still going well! This time of the year is great because I really, really like the stuff I'm teaching. In biology, we're going to touch a little bit on the some of the kingdoms in nature as well as some specific classes (arthropods, reptiles, amphibians, etc). We'll be doing dissections and other fun stuff. In Earth Systems, we'll be delving into ecology and ecosystems a bit, some oceanography and other topics on water and maybe geology, if we have time.
The reason I'm soooo excited for summer is that I'll be taking some week-long classes (8-5, or longer) to get my environmental science endorsement. I've signed up for a geology one at the U of U and an ecology one in Moab. Fun! I've also signed up for an inquiry-based teaching class through BYU in which we'll explore the Great Basin. Hopefully, I'll be accepted into all three!
Friday, March 05, 2010
Getting excited for summer...
Posted by
Anne
at
11:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Anne, you sound like you'd be an awesome teacher! I'm glad you're having such a great time too. I hope you get accepted into all three programs because you'd be the person to love it.
Post a Comment