Saturday, March 27, 2010

What a rollercoaster of emotions today....

I went from being hopeful, to dissolving in tears, to anger, to tears and finally hopeful--just before I go to sleep tonight.

My brother called me after they got back from visiting my dad. While they were there, when they were suctioning my dad's ventilator tube, he grimaced like crazy and even opened his eyes a bit. Then, after the nurse left, Thom and Mandi started talking to him. As soon as they started talking, again he opened his eyes. Not enough to focus on them, but he opened his eyes. And, they even thought they perceived his mouth trying to move. He's obviously not on anyone's timetable but his own, and he'll do stuff when he's good and ready, it seems. I'm taking this as a positive sign.

My mom's bishop also told her and reassured her that that the brain is a very resilient organ and just because Dad isn't responding to the "average" timetable to not count him out just yet.

I think I'll sleep better tonight. :)

No comments: