That is absolutely the worst thing about this situation. We plain don't know. We don't know what to tell the kids. We tell the kids that we don't know. We don't know what to think ourselves. We don't know if Dad is in there somewhere. We just don't know. Jared says all that he wants is for Grampa to open his eyes. We didn't tell him that he did yesterday, because I think that would give him false hopes. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
Tomorrow, we are having a family meeting with all of his doctors and they will lay out all of the options, including one that I can live with (bringing him home--the doctors told my mom today that that was a possibility) and others that I don't even want to think about right now, but obviously are possibilities. Ugh. I don' t know what is best.
I am going to hang out at the hospital with him by myself before I go to my moms so I can talk to him and hopefully get some inspiration. My mom had a blessing in which she was told that she and the doctors would be able to make the best decision regarding my dad. The meeting with my mom, my brother and Mandi will be sometime Monday afternoon, as soon as they figure out when all the docs can meet.
Please pray that we'll be able to make the correct decision.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Not knowing is the worst...
Posted by
Anne
at
9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Anne, I had no idea that you were going through all that! I am so sorry to hear it and I hope and pray for the best for you and your family. You are such an amazingly strong woman!
Thanks, Rivkah...It happened so suddenly. It hasn't even been a week since he had the heart attack we thought he'd bounce back from. Thank you for you prayers.
Anne, I'm so sorry. I wish you could have a better outcome.
I know the upcoming days will be hard. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment