Monday, June 18, 2007

One hundred things....

One hundred things about me....

This was harder than I thought it would be. I started this list back in February, 2007....

  • I have hazel eyes
  • I love my birthday...the date...the 23. I think it's a cool number
  • I love the number 3
  • I have a set of boy/girl twins who are the loves of my life
  • I grew up on an island in Michigan
  • I played the clarinet in high school and college
  • I marched in the marching band through all four years of high school and 2 years in college
  • I've been to Disneyland and Walt Disney World one time each---a perk of being in BYU's marching band
  • I could see a rollercoaster on an island amusement park (Bob-Lo) in Canada through a window while sitting in my jr high math class
  • I taught myself how to play the guitar during finals week one year in college
  • I had so many crushes my freshman year in college that my theme song was Tears for Fears' "Something Happens and I'm Head Over Heels"
  • I really liked teaching various science labs at UVSC and SLCC after I graduated from BYU
  • My favorite colors are mauve and dark green--those were actually my wedding colors
  • I have one younger brother
  • I have 3 sisters-in-law that I love dearly
  • I'm shy
  • I love to laugh
  • My first car was a 1978 lt blue Chevette with a brown left fender and a red hood
  • I've had only 2 years of piano lessons, if that.
  • I wish I would have stuck with piano lessons so I could play well now
  • I love to sing
  • My favorite concert was Michael Bolton
  • I love watching old musicals
  • My husband has gotten me hooked on John Wayne movies
  • I love to write poetry
  • I love to read
  • Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson rock!
  • I like to fish with my kids
  • I'd like my dad to teach me how to fly fish
  • I love listening to mourning doves in the morning
  • I love falling asleep to the sound of crickets at night
  • I love to smell the rain
  • I love watching thunderstorms from my front porch with my kids
  • I met my husband after I graduated from BYU
  • We were married in April
  • The Manti Temple is my favorite temple 'cause that's where I married my sweet husband
  • My favorite wedding picture is of my husband and I sitting on the hillside with red and yellow tulips in front of us and my veil floating in front of my face
  • The Washington DC Temple is also a favorite temple because that's where my parents, brother and I were sealed
  • My parents were baptized members of the LDS church when I was about 3-4
  • My favorite show when I was little was Emergency!
  • I had a huge crush on Little Joe from Bonanza when I was about 5
  • I love lilacs
  • I also love lilies-of-the-valley
  • Carnations, tulips, hollyhocks and pansies, too
  • I'm proud of my Polish, German and English heritage
  • I like things in matched sets or "one of each"--good thing I had a set of boy/girl twins!
  • My favorite family vacation was spent on Houghton Lake, MI when I was a teenager
  • I loved that my mom let me take mini-vacations during the summer to visit my aunts and uncles
  • I LOVED spending a night in the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, MI (where Somewhere in Time was filmed) with my husband of 2 months
  • I love shrimp tacos with lime juice and fresh salsa
  • My dream house will have a wrap-around porch, and a turret with a witch's hat (but not if my husband (a former house framer) has anything to say about it, lol)
  • I drive a Kia Sportage, but wish I had a Prius
  • I loved my ballroom dancing classes in college
  • I wish it was easier for me to make friends
  • I love my name (with an "e", like Anne of Green Gables), but don't like it when people call me "Annie"
  • I love chocolate
  • I've decided that 40 is a pretty great age to be
  • My daughter has my eyes and smile
  • My son is a spittin' image of my husband
  • I love large dogs, but we have 3 cats
  • It's comforting to hold a soft, warm, furry kitty cat at the end of the day
  • I love it when one of the cats falls asleep in my arms. I guess I miss having my babies do that
  • It's hard for me to make friends. I'm not quite sure why.
  • I wish that we had been blessed with more children
  • I would love to live on a farm or ranch
  • I'm trying to find my healthy, fit body. Slowly, but surely I'm succeeding
  • My university years were a magical time for me
  • I once made a crisp-type dessert out of red chard because I didn't know the difference between red chard and rhubarb
  • I love going to yard sales on Saturday mornings
  • I'm proud to say that most of my kids clothes come from yard sales
  • I love English ivy
  • I like fruity scents, not floral scents
  • I just barely started scrapbooking last year
  • I taught myself how to knit
  • I love doing counted cross-stitch, but I'm still working on the same sampler I started when I first got married--13 years ago!
  • I love playing Scrabble
  • I enjoy doing crossword puzzles
  • I started dying my hair a dark reddish brown a few years ago, and will probably keep it up
  • I love antiques
  • I've started collecting Franciscan Ivy dishes (after I started collecting, I realized that they were the same dishes used on the set of "I Love Lucy").
  • I think glassware and kitchenware from the 30's and 40's are so cool
  • I also love pink depression glass
  • My mom and I are in the same "place"--she's dealing with the care of her mother who has dementia and I'm starting to help my father-in-law deal with the care of my mother-in-law who has dementia.
  • If I could have lived during another time period, I'd choose to be an adult in post-war 1940's
  • I also wouldn't mind living in the mid 1800's but wonder if I would have had it in me to trek across the plains
  • My favorite goofy movie is "Raising Arizona"
  • My favorite chick flick is "Steel Magnolias"
  • My favorite sci-fi movie is "Independence Day"
  • My favorite body of water is a stream or small river
  • I love camping in a pine forest
  • I hiked to the summit of Mt. Timpanogos a few weeks before the start of my sophomore year in college. Not sure if I want to attempt that again.
  • I used to love to drive from Provo to Park City (the back way) when I needed to "think"
  • I have very fond memories of all of my elementary school classes, except for 2nd and 3rd grade--the time period when my paternal grandma got sick and was dying of throat cancer. The teachers in those grades called my "Lazy Anne" and "Tardy Anne" to my face. It still hurts to think about that.
  • My various usernames that center around the 'rosebud' theme have to do with the fact that when I was about 10, I told my older 2nd cousin that I no longer liked my nickname. When asked what I'd like to be called, I replied, "Rosebud". I have no idea where I pulled that nickname from!
  • I used to play the soundtrack of "Saturday's Warrior" and sing to it while I did the dishes when I was in jr high/high school.
  • I prefer the radio to listening to cd's
  • I grew up listening to Neil Diamond, my mom's favorite singer. I still like Neil Diamond
  • I have very fond memories of the records my mom used to play at Christmas time: Nat King Cole, The Firestone singers (or something like that--it was a promotional record from Firestone), Mormon Tabernacle Choir, etc.
  • My mom, at my request, made me blueberry cupcakes with lime frosting to bring for my birthday in 1st grade. They weren't really that bad!
  • My favorite birthday treats now are either blueberry pie, rhubarb pie (no strawberries, please) or german chocolate cake

4 comments:

Kari said...

What a fun list!! I LOVE Rhubarb Pie too, yummy!!

Anne said...

Cool! Somehow, I think I missed rhubarb season this year. Bummer!

Thanks for looking. It was fun to put together!

{krista} said...

I didn't know we had so much in common!!!

I made a 100 list awhile back, it was so hard to do, and I need to do a new one. Put that on my list of things to do!

Anne said...

How cool! It was fun putting it together but it took me FOREVER!! I started it in February, lol.