I think my mom isn't hearing what the nurses are telling her when she calls for updates. Today, I reposted a status update from her Facebook onto my own profile, then I called the nurse to get specifics. Where my mom said, "...responding a bit to commands" the nurse said, "no, not at all". He is coughing a bit more with being 100% off of the sedation medications, and responding more to painful stimuli, these are only brain-stem reflexes. Nothing purposeful, or hearing a command, processing it in his brain and following though with it.
Yes, he's been only off of the sedation for 3 hours when we had the updates and because his kidneys aren't working properly it could take him a few hours to completely clear it from his system, I can't help but be concerned by the blood clots in the front and back of his brain.
She's grasping at every tiny thread of hope and yes, the fact that he's responding, even if they are just brain-stem reflexes is a bit better than he was doing yesterday. The whole "not knowing" anything just stinks. And that's what I'm having the hardest time with. On one hand, I want to prepare myself for life without him, but on the other hand, he's still "here" and I want so bad to hope for the best. But, this is in Heavenly Father's hands. When my dad's mission is through, then it is through. I just hope it doens't have to be just now.
The next few days we'll be able to know more, I think.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
An update, but different than my most recent Facebook update...
Posted by
Anne
at
1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Oh Anne...so scary! Continued prayers.
Post a Comment