Saturday, August 29, 2009

A New Year.....

Last school year was incredibly hard. It was my first year teaching high school--and I didn't have a classroom of my own to teach in. My husband was recovering from a heart attack. My mother-in-law passed away.

This year is so incredibly different. I started school happy and looking forward to teaching and maintaining order in my own classroom. I wasn't nervous at.all. My family is healthy. My children love their teachers and love being in 4th grade. I'm feeling respect from the students in my classes.

I feel incredibly grateful that I was able to plow through last year and stick with it. I was >this close< to throwing in the towel. But, I made it. I am very, very happy.

Hopefully, I'll be able to blog on a more regular basis from now on!

4 comments:

April said...

YAY I'm so happy for you Anne!

{krista} said...

I'm so happy things are getting better at school. I hope it's the best year ever!

Denise said...

Anne, that's great! Kudos for sticking out the tough times. It was totally worth it!

Tamara said...

That's terrific! I'm glad this year is shaping up to be much better. Good luck!