A is for.....ANNE!! I love my name. I always have. I love the "e" on then end, like Anne of Green Gables. My paternal grandmother said it sounded like royalty and it went well with my very English surname. It was she who suggested my parents put the "e" on the end. But, please don't call me "Annie".
B is for......BANANA BREAD!! I love banana bread. My husband never liked banana bread, until he had mine! His mom would always put walnuts in it. He has never liked walnuts. Ever. But, she always had a hard time putting any other nut in her banana bread or brownies, even though he told her that if she'd just use pecans, or even almonds he'd love it. But, after we got married and MIL would make brownies for a family party, she started leaving a corner without nuts for him. I guess I had an influence on her! I make my banana bread with a bit of cinnamon and pecans, if I have some on hand. But, no walnuts!
C is for CHICKEN!! Chicken is wonderful. It great for every season. Chicken pot pie and casserole in the winter; chicken fettuccine in the spring; chicken grape salad in the summer; herb roasted chicken in the fall. YUM!!!!
Chicken Grape Salad
Chicken, cooked and cubed (boiled, steamed, leftover, grilled--whatever you have)
Seedless grapes (green, red, purple or a combination)
3-4 ribs of celery, chopped or sliced
Green onion, if you like (my hubby doesn't like onions in salad, so I never put them in)
Mayonnaise
Add an amount of grapes equal to the amount of chicken chunks you have prepared. Add the celery. Combine with an amount mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip, if you prefer) that completely coats the chicken and grapes. Serve plain or in a roll or croissant as a sandwich.
Friday, August 03, 2007
Starting the Alphabet Meme....
Posted by
Anne
at
11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'd love your recipe for the Chicken Grape Salad -- you could use that for R or S.
-Meredith
Thanks! I edited the post and put it in there. I'd probably forget it if I waited until R or S!
Post a Comment