Friday, August 10, 2007

H is for Happiness!!

Do you know what happiness is? I'll tell you. Happiness is walking through the skybridge between my building and the cancer hospital and seeing a group of 3 girls dancing--each of them singing into a single long-stemmed rose. They didn't notice me because their backs were to me as I walked through, but they stopped singing once I passed and said, "Hey! It's time to do Karate-Ballet!" They were probably 7-10 years old. Oh. My. Word. They were so very adorable and the thought of them still makes me smile.

I did have to wonder why they were there...was their mom or grandma getting treatment at the cancer hospital? Was dad or grandpa finally getting released from the cancer hospital? Maybe they were the children of someone who worked there and they needed to occupy themselves for a few minutes while Mom went to grab something from her office. I sure hope that it's the latter. The thought of those young girls being affected by someone in their lives who has cancer kinda makes me sad. But, at the same time, hopeful. They've got the kind of "wishing-on-a-star" hope that we as adults don't seem to have anymore. I hope that the people in their lives that they love will be able to live a long, happy life.

No comments: