I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, so when I thought of the letter J, the first...er...second thing I thought of (the first was actually my son J) was a song from my favorite childhood album, The Sesame Street Book and Record (original cast). Here are the lyrics (I think they are correct, to the best of my knowledge):
J, jump, joyful, jumble around
Juniper, Jan, Jane, John
J, jump, joyful, jumble around
Jack-in-the-box jumping all over town!
Jingle jangle junk summer day
Big J swingin', flyin' singin' --
J, jump, joyful, jumble around
On a just nice day with the jumpinest J's in town
Jingle jangle junk summer day
Big J swingin', flyin' singin' --
J, jump, joyful, jumble around
On a just nice day with the jumpinest J's in town
This blog entry has been brought to you by the letter J and by the number 3.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
J is for...J, JUMP, JOYFUL!!
Posted by
Anne
at
1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
LOL on that last line :)
For a long time while in Idaho my liscence plate said JUMP4JOY. The reason was that on the way home from the u/s aptmt in which we learned we were having twins after 9 years of fertility struggles, we listened to the song "Jump" by oh shoot, I'll think of it the minute I press send. Anyway it says jump for joy a lot and other things that so expressed how I was feeling. "Jump For Joy" is still one of my favorite expressions. So that's what I think of when I think of the letter J!
Ah, that's funny. My husband can remember things like that from his childhood, he can quote the whole "B book" by Dr. Suess, and sing the "C is for cookies" by Cookie monster. However... I can't remember a thing like that.
Post a Comment