Saturday, August 04, 2007

D is for DUMB!!

"That 'D' word" is how my kids refer to one of the words they think of as a swear word. The other is the 'S' word (stupid) and one more is the 'H' word (hate). My mom taught my brother and I to never call each other by the 'D' word or the 'S' word, nor anyone else. And, to my knowledge, we never did. We also never used the 'H' word directed at anyone else. It really bothered me when I'd hear the siblings of a friend call each other those words. I vowed that I wanted to my children to grow up in a home, like mine, where those words are never used. I have to work on my husband a bit more. But as for my kids, I'm so glad that they are learning that love and respect exist in our home and that they can count on only loving words being directed at them and each other.

No comments: