Who'da thunk it? There is a 4 year, 6 year, 7 year gap between me and my cousins. There's a 7 year gap between my brother and I and a 9 year gap between his wife and I. But, guess what? Age totally doesn't matter. We are all basically in the same place. We all have at least a spouse or fiance, and all but 2 couples have children. Those of us that have children, have children who are close in age to each other.
I never dreamed back when I was in high school that my cousins who were 12-14 at the time would ever have anything in common with me. Never mind their younger brothers, or heaven forbid--my own brother. But, whenever those cousins come out this way, we have the BEST time! Talking for hours, playing dominoes.... It's so much fun. I love them all so much.
I have to thank my parents, though, for initiating contact. Sometimes it's easier to "visit" the aunt/uncle rather than the cousins. I know I have a hard time initiating contact with cousins for some silly reason. But, because of the get-togethers my parents have planned when they are here, my cousins and I (and my family) are forging a bond that will last long after our parents are gone.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Cousins....
Posted by
Anne
at
4:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You are so right Anne! It's so worth the work of keeping that bond strong.
You can do it!
Hey Anne, thanks for stopping by my blog! I just checked your profile (to find your blog) and realized that you're a Gemini. And you have twins. So...cool! I realize that's probably not an unusual phenomenon, but still, cool!
Hi Denise!
You know, they are almost 8 years old, and this is the first time that I made the connection re: the fact they are twins and I'm a Gemini. Very cool!!
Post a Comment