I have finally been able to start walking and commit to it. It took me a good month to "gear up" for it, lol. But, I started on Thursday and only missed Saturday (I took the kids swimming and spend 2 hours in the pool in near constant motion) and Monday (didn't get much sleep, so I was too tired). But, last night I got to bed really late, but managed to get up and walk this morning. Yay for me!!
I'm walking about 3/4 of a mile so far. Next week, I'll add my Nordic Walking Poles to the mix. Here's a website about Nordic Walking. Here's another. I can really tell how it ramps up the walking when I use them.
So, it's been one week and one day that I started daily excercise. I really needed to do this. It has helped get me off of my plateau. I can't wait to find my new and improved self!!
Friday, June 29, 2007
Walkin' on Sunshine....
Posted by
Anne
at
11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That's wonderful Anne, congratulations!
Walking is so good for the body AND for the soul. I love walking (though I don't do it) for the time it gives me just to THINK.
I hope you enjoy your time!
And keep it up!
Hey, Anne--I see you have a great name :-) and and spelled with an "e" Anne of Green Gable fashion.
Good for you re the walking. I also walk at least 4 days a week, and bounce on a mini-tramp in front of an open window early mornings the other days.
The whole process invigorates my mind, body, and soul. And when I walk with a friend, we chat about so many things it's very therapeutic. Keep up the good work.
Ali and Anne...
Thanks! I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's beginning to be a habit now. Yay!!
Post a Comment