Poor J!! My son, age 7 1/2 has had the pleasure of going to both the orthodontist and the dentist this week. He has been blessed with a small palate that needs to be expanded soon. So, this week he had impressions taken of his upper and lower jaw and had spacers put in so that he can be fitted for his appliance in a few weeks. Then, the very next day, he had his first 3 cavities filled! I feel really bad about that one, though. Like it's my fault. I know it's probably not, because if it was, C would have cavities too. But, I guess J just inherited somebody's soft teeth.
He was a real trooper, though! He said the only part he didn't like was the "stuff he had to breathe". I guess the laughing gas made it a bit hard to breathe, or gave him a weird feeling. I told him that it was so that he wouldn't feel the shot. "What shot?" "The shot they gave you so your mouth would feel funny," I said. "Didn't you feel a little pinch?" "Nope," he said. Wow. All my worry that he would come out of the appointment in tears and hating me were for naught.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Two dental procedures, 1 week.....
Posted by
Anne
at
7:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
E had to have a tooth pulled on Monday because, although it was loose enough to come out, it had slipped back up into the gum, not all the way, but enough to hurt.
The neighbor boy explained about the really long needle and the shot so she was worked up about it and even though they numbed the spot first, she still screamed.
Lucky me, show goes back to get a cavity filled next week.
Post a Comment