Tonight we're going to the local arts festival. This has become a yearly tradition for me and the kids. Hubby doesn't care so much for walkin' around in the heat lookin' at stuff. But, I love it. So do my kids. Strolling from tent to tent in the cool grass shaded by the big trees in the park. Music lilting from the bandstand. Aromas that make your mouth water...
I'm not sure if the reason that they like going with me is because of the cool artwork they will see, or the chance to spend some money on a nifty trinket or two. Somehow, I think that it's probably the latter. I'm not sure if they remember that they will probably get to make a couple of free crafts at the art barn while we're there. And, I'm not sure about them, but I'm excited about the food that will be there...Fry bread, bratwurst, roasted corn-on-the-cob, fresh lemonade.... Nothing better than "fair fare", LOL. I will be good, though, and choose the healthiest choices that I can because I don't want to lose any ground in this battle I'm fighting (and sloooooowly succeeding in, I might add).
Admission to art festival: $0
Trinkets for the kids: $10
Delectable fair fare: $20
Exposing my kids to and sneakily instilling a love for art: priceless
Friday, June 22, 2007
Artsy, fartsy.....
Posted by
Anne
at
12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Sounds like fun Anne!! I did not realize you had a blog.
I hope your twins enjoy it, including the art!! Sneaky of you!!
Thanks, Kari! We had a blast. There were some beautiful pencil drawings that looked just like b/w photographs and some amazing portraits done with wood burning.
Post a Comment