It was so much fun. There were some beautiful pieces of artwork there. The kids were impressed! For their trinkets, they picked out the following: a mini "pan flute" made out of reeds that C picked and a recorder type flute that J picked out. The pan flute was bound by some bright Native American-style yarn and the other flute was yellow with some cool carvings on it. From their own money, they each bought a scrap of fur with little eyes and a nose and a squishy ball that looked like it was a balloon filled with sand. J also found a really cool crystal that he bought. I purchased a small bottle of grapefruit-scented lotion on Saturday (I wasn't able to on Friday because I got sidetracked--see final paragraph).
For their art project, they decorated balsa wood airplanes. Saturday we stopped by again and they made mini sand castle bottles with layers of colored sand.
We ate Snowies and cotton candy (just the kids ate those), and I had a bowl of chicken curry. We each got a giant pickle on the way out to our car. Oh, and on Saturday, we picked up a giant bag of kettle corn and a small bag of cinnamon sugared almonds. YUM!
The highlight of our art festival trip actually started out as a tragedy. I was looking at the lotions and they were checking to see if they had something that was lime-scented. C looks into her purse and states that she can't find her wallet! It has $5-6 in it. We backtracked the best that we could and no one has seen the wallet, or turned it into any of the booths. I was beginning to think that there was no hope, and that some selfish person had pocketed a little girl's wallet. At that point, I gathered them together, and we said a prayer--right there in the middle of the booths. Pretty soon, we happened upon a sherrif and it dawned on me to ask if he knew if there was a place for lost and found items. He told me that he believed that it was in the front corner. So, we go over there and ask if anyone has turned in a wallet--a denim one with a sparkly butterfly on the front. One lady starts to nod while the other lady opens a drawer and pulls out the wallet. I shouted, "THAT'S IT!!" I told them I couldn't believe someone had turned it it. My faith in humanity had been restored. I gathered them together one last time so we could give a prayer of thanks.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Art festival report....
Posted by
Anne
at
10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I have something to say!
I love your faith Anne! What a great mom you are, and what a great example you set for your children this weekend with your act of faith.
Yay for prayers answered!
Thanks, Ali :) It's funny how ordinary things like an arts festival can turn into a faith promoting experience!
Post a Comment