Saturday, July 12, 2008

An empty clothesline.....

....is a lonely clothesline!




I love hanging laundry on the clothesline. Can't you just smell the sunshine? This is what sunshine smells like.



In all honesty, up until 2 weeks ago, it had been several years since I've hung laundry outside to dry. But, the heating element on our dryer went out and we haven't gotten around to replacing it. No worries, though. It's kind of nice putting one piece of clothing up on the line at a time. I like the smell of the wooden clothes pins. I like these clothespins the best. They are the kind my mom had. I like how they slip on an off so easily.



The store was out of these kind, so when I needed more I had to buy these. I don't particularly like to have to pinch them to hang and take down clothes.



But, when you need clothespins, you just have to make do.

My clotheslines are awesome!! The were put up in the 50's when this house was built. The poles are sturdy, thick metal and a nice man with some extra wire attached new lines for me. (I think something at my next door neighbor's house fell on my cotton rope lines one year and broke them---before he had this cinderblock wall built. So, to make up for that, he had someone put up the new wires). There are 5 lines and the run nearly the entire length of my yard. I can easily hang 4 loads of laundry on them, provided I have enough clothespins.



I don't know...there just something about seeing clothes lined up on a clothesline that makes me happy. That, and when I hold each article up to my nose as I take them down and inhale deeply....ummmmmmmm. Yep....even these socks.

2 comments:

April said...

I love the smell of air dryed clothing, however I hate that rough feeling when I put them on.

Anne said...

Yeah...that's the one big disadvantage...towels get really scratchy, lol!