Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ordinances....

I finally got to meet my new nephew yesterday!  My brother and his wife had a new baby boy on 1/11/11.  His name is Rylan and he joins his big sister Kailey (age 6.5) and big brother Kaden (age 12).  Yesterday was a special day because 2 very special priesthood ordinances were performed.  Rylan was given his  name and blessing and Kaden received the Aaronic priesthood. It was so neat that both occurred on the same day.  They opted to have it at my brother- and sister-in-law's home rather than sacrament meeting so as not to expose the little one to germs.  My older nephew had turned 12 on the 30th of December, but because his mom was on bedrest before Rylan's birth, she was unable to go to church for his ordination.  So, both ordinances were performed on the same day--yesterday. 

This was a "first" as well--the first grandson on my side of the family to be ordained, and the first baby blessing that my dad wasn't there to attend in person.  We know he was there, though.  He wouldn't have missed this for the world. 

I got a picture afterward of Kaden in his white shirt and tie holding his baby brother in his white blessing outfit.  What a precious picture!  I'll post it as soon as I can (I forgot my camera AND my phone and I had to buy a disposable one).

I'm so grateful for the power of the priesthood and that I am able to have the priesthood in my home.  In 3 months, my nephew on Bill's side of the family will receive the Aaronic priesthood and a short 6 months after that, Jared will receive the priesthood.  Amazing....

No comments: