I had a really neat experience selecting the hymns for this Sunday. I'm the Ward Music Director, so I'm given the topics for the talks and select appropriate hymns for the meetings. So, this Sunday was the Sunday when the Stake High Council members speak. The topic I was given by the bishop was Temple Covenants. Usually, I go through the topics in the hymn book to find the hymns, but there isn't a topic called Temple Covenants, or even Covenants. But, since I prayerfully go into selecting the hymns, I was drawn to those under the topic of obedience. Well, you have to be obedient when you are keeping your temple covenants, so I thought I'd go with these. I selected "For All The Saints", "Carry On" and "Keep The Commandments" for the opening, intermediate and closing hymns. Imagine my surprise when the focus of the high councilmen's talks were obedience as the key to being worthy to attend the temple. Wow....sometimes I am overwhelmed by having to match topics to the hymns, but I am so, so grateful for the guidance our Heavenly Father gives us in our callings---even if the calling is merely selecting hymns for church meetings. :)
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment