It doesn't matter how big they get. When they're sick, they still need me. I'm so grateful!
My big 7-year old boy, J, was sick yesterday---fever, chills, aches. He finally broke his fever--a couple of times, actually--between 10 and 11:30 last night. He soaked his jammies with sweat both times. The final time, he was just shivering and cold. So, I put dry ones on him, and took him to the couch to snuggle until he warmed up again. He put his arms around my neck, nestled his face right up to my neck, and fell asleep with the Beatrix Potter quilt I had made for him when he was born across his back. I rubbed his back until he was asleep. He melted right into me--his whole 53" frame--just like he did when he was an 18.5" newborn. I kissed and sniffed his big boy head, just like I did his sweet baby head. Gone is the sweet baby smell--- it has been replaced by sweaty boy smell. I love that smell, too.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Sweet Snuggles...
Posted by
Anne
at
4:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment