I knew that this year would be oh-so-much better than last year when:
- My husband IM'd me and asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day
- I replied that I wanted flowers, but not a flower shop bouquet--grocery store is A-OK!
- I made the kids' day by ordering heart shaped pizzas and surprising them each with a small heart shaped box of candy and a heart shaped Krispy Kreme doughnut (with sprinkles, of course!)
- We enjoyed the pizza together as a family
- I went through their box of valentines with them and we commented and giggled on the ones they got from certain classmates (C giggled and blushed when we found that a boy she has a crush on (also with the initial C) sent one that we could 'read-in' meanings to. A girl has to start reading intentions sometime, right??) J rolled his eyes and said, "But I don't like her...." when I read his out loud. Just to be sure his intentions could never be misconstrued, he made sure that he sent "the boringest one" to a certain girl, M, that bothers him incessantly. But, I did notice that he put a smiley on one particular girl's....)
- We got the kids bathed and to bed at a decent time
- We enjoyed watching "Lost" together
- The subject of last year's debacle never even came up :o)





No comments:
Post a Comment