Today was yet another tearful Sunday at church for me. I've been melancholy all weekend (probably started when I realized that on Friday it had been one month since my dad died). It just came to a head in sacrament meeting at church when one hymn mentioned eternal life ("How Great Thou Art") and the other happened to be the hymn I sang at the funeral ("Our Savior's Love"). I was a tearful mess. So, I sat outside of the Sunday school room and tried to dry my tears and ended up receiving a TON of hugs from various sisters as they passed me on their way to class. Lots of understanding from sisters who had lost their own parent. A really good talk and more hugs from another sister.
Missing my dad terribly, missing what he will be missing out on (or rather what I'll be missing out on by not being able to witness him see exciting or even mundane things happening in our family). I know in my heart that he'll be able to see Chloe's soccer games, Jared and Chloe's school program about Utah, Jared receiving his Arrow of Light, Mom and I singing in their sacrament meeting after she is healed from her back surgery. But, it will be tough not seeing him enjoy it, KWIM?
I'll be ok. I know this is all normal. Just another stage of grief I'm going through.
Sunday, May 02, 2010
Tears on Sunday....
Posted by
Anne
at
6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
(((hugs)))
I know first hand how being at church can be a tearfest - always weird how I feel close to my mom at church but so teary at the same time - my sister said it is the same for her when she has gone to the temple - I am SO sorry you are experiencing these stages/feelings of grief. Crazy isn't it how we know deep in our hearts and minds where our parent is and that they are where they should be at this time according to Heavenly Fathers plan and yet not having them here with us hurts so badly at times ......
Post a Comment